Robot software development is a hard and tedious process. Too many components are involved, many of which are very complex, require a broad understanding of AI, Computer Vision, Speech Recognition, Localisation, and other related sub-fields of Robotics. Due to that complexity, development of even simple applications is difficult. Quite often, toy problems are addressed by entire development teams, and yet the results are not what was initially expected.
Now imagine a platform which makes a complex task easy, one which enables developers to concentrate on the high-level programming of a robot. Noos is such a platform, delivering key elements of robotic software development to students, academics, researchers and the industry. Noos provides developers with the software services that they don’t have the time or know-how to develop. Computer Vision, Path Planning, and other AI-related algorithms that exist in Noos enable the robot with many perceptive abilities, while saving a great amount of computational power as they run on the cloud.
Noos offers ease of use, reduced costs, scalability, and robustness.
Benefits of Noos include:
- Robots acquire new capabilities without needing new hardware.
- Costs are significantly lowered (the cost of the complete cloud platform + cloud enabled robot can easily be under 10% of the cost of a robot with similar on-board capacities).
- The use of Noos frees existing on-board robot resources to be used in other tasks.
- Robots increase their storage capacity.
- Power consumption on the robot is decreased.
- Noos enables very fast development of robotic software and deployment of robotic systems.
- Cloud based intelligence is enabled, and robots can collaborate and learn from each other.